Elementary Chapel Schedule:
All School Chapel – second Tuesday of each month
Eagle Athletic Center | 8:55 am – 9:30 am
Elementary Chapel – Monday through Friday
Auditorium | 8:00 am – 8:25 am
Transformative Bible Curriculum
During the formative elementary years, quality Bible education provides a foundation for a lifetime of study and growth.
- Show how God has worked out His plan in the lives of His people
- Explore how each biblical event points to Christ
- Learn to memorize verses
- Establish a daily, personal study time with the Word
- Study character traits shown by the men and women of the Bible
- Implement these positive characteristics in daily life
- Examine the lives of Joshua and the judges
- Study the life of Jesus, emphasizing His miracles
- Explore how role models relate to the Gospel Era
- Study the history of King Saul, King David, and King Solomon
- Apply the lessons of I & II Samuel and I Kings to current times
- Study the life of Christ, from birth to ascension
- In-depth study of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
- Survey the Bible’s overarching story: Creation, the Fall, and Redemption
- Learn how to live in response to God’s grace
Core Knowledge: Establishing a Foundation
Lubbock Christian School uses the Core Knowledge curriculum. The Core Knowledge Sequence provides a clear body of lasting knowledge. Because knowledge builds on knowledge, Core Knowledge provides learning that is coherent, cumulative, and content-specific. Building on what the child has already learned ensures that children enter each new grade eager to learn.
What are the benefits for my child?
- Broad knowledge base and rich vocabulary
- Motivates child to learn more
- Necessary knowledge for higher learning
- Boosts self-confidence
What are the benefits for parents?
- Provides a clear educational outline
- Encourages parents to participate
- Gives opportunities for local citizens to be instructional resources
What subjects are included by Core Knowledge?
- Language Arts
- American History
- World History
- Visual Arts
- Texas History
Saxon Math is one of the nation’s most thoroughly researched core mathematics programs. The success of the Saxon curriculum can be attributed to the program’s research-based pedagogy, which helps students develop a deeper understanding of concepts and how to apply them. Saxon’s approach breaks complex concepts into easy-to-learn steps. These steps are distributed across each grade level, ensuring students gain and retain critical thinking concepts to use in the real world.
Shurley English and Accelerated Reading
The Shurley English curriculum helps students master the concepts of language arts such as vocabulary, mechanics, usage, editing, and sentence work. This is achieved by giving specific techniques that teach not only the concept, but also the entire thought process necessary to apply the concept. Shurley English promotes skills such as comprehension, application, retention, and critical-thinking and provides the foundation for student success.