LCS Board Access Policy
In order to establish open communication with the LCS Board of Trustees while protecting the benefits of being a private school and the interests of Lubbock Christian School, the process outlined below is established for anyone wishing to address the LCS Board of Trustees.
1. The date, time, and location of the next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be posted on the LCS website no less than two weeks prior the start of the meeting.
2. Anyone wishing to address the Board will be required to complete and return a request form to the Superintendent’s office no later than 5:00 PM on the Wednesday (or the last scheduled workday before Wednesday if Wednesday is a holiday or vacation) preceding the regularly scheduled Board meeting. This form will be available in the Superintendent’s office during normal office hours of 7:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. A link to a pdf copy of the form is also provided in the right-hand margin of this web page. The following information will be required on each form.
*Name and signature of the person who will address the board – by signing, the presenter agrees to the stipulations as outlined in this process.
*Subject to be addressed
*Mailing address and telephone number
*If applicable, the name of the LCS organization the person is representing.
3. Opportunities to present at any regularly scheduled Board meeting will be available on a first come, first-served basis through the request form process described above.
4. The Chairman of the Board and/or his/her designees will review each form submitted by the deadline stated above. All who have submitted forms will be notified within 24 hours of the start of the scheduled Board meeting if the Board has approved their request. Only those who have completed the form within the required time stated above will be considered.
5. At the beginning of each regularly scheduled Board meeting, the Board will schedule a maximum of 30 minutes for those wishing to address the LCS Board. A maximum of five presenters will be scheduled at any one Board meeting. No single presentation shall exceed 3 minutes and no presenter may relinquish time to another. The order of presenters will be determined by the chairperson (or designee) of that meeting. Following the conclusion of the last presentation, all visitors will be dismissed. Five (5) minutes after the scheduled start time of the meeting, if no presenter has arrived, the meeting room doors will be closed and the Board will begin the regularly scheduled meeting. Any presenter arriving after the doors have been closed will not be permitted to address the Board and may reapply for the next regularly scheduled Board meeting.
6. The LCS Board will not comment nor take action on anything presented to the Board; however, time permitting the Board may ask follow-up questions. Within thirty days of the meeting, the Board will send a letter to each presenter stating the position and/or recommendation of the Board.
7. This process is not intended to replace nor circumvent any established process for conflict or problem resolution. The LCS Board requires following the Problem Resolution process as documented in the LCS Student Handbook (under Administrative Policies) prior to addressing the Board for any issue involving conflict.
8. The LCS Board of Trustees reserves the right to refuse to hear any presenter for reasons such as, but not limited to – previous presentations, issues/concerns being clearly documented in the Student Handbook, any topic/subject deemed inappropriate for a public hearing, requirements/policies deemed necessary for safety, etc.
During times of inclement weather, LCS cancellations, delays or early releases will now be decided INDEPENDENTLY of all other area schools. Please check the major network television stations, and/or their affiliated radio stations for information regarding delays and cancellations. LCS has a call system that will be used in addition to announcements made on television/radio. Delay/cancellation decisions will be made by 6:00 am. One-hour delays are typical. Early releases for weather are rare. If it does happen, we will get the word out as quickly as possible, and LCS will provide supervision for children until they are picked up.
Dress Code and Uniforms
Please refer to the Student Handbook for the dress code and uniform policy.
All approved uniform pieces should be purchased from Designs in Thread located at 5044 Frankford, Suite 200 or online at www.designs-in-thread.com by clicking the Orders tab followed by the Lubbock Christian tab.
Username: lcs (all lowercase)
Branding and Visual Identity
Because we have such active participation among our volunteers, it is very important that we effectively communicate the policies and expectations of Lubbock Christian School. This ensures that everyone is on the same page and that the best interest of LCS is always kept in the forefront. One of the main areas of consideration in this regard is creating a positive image for Lubbock Christian School. Clearly defining who we are and what sets us apart from other institutions is imperative for the continued success of LCS. In order to be competitive in the marketplace, we must clearly, consistently and effectively communicate our identity. For this reason, the importance of protecting our image and reputation by establishing a single, unified visual identity (brand) is of utmost importance.
Undoubtedly, the success of this endeavor falls to the willingness of our faculty/staff/parents and other volunteers to adhere to the guidelines contained in the Lubbock Christian School Branding and Visual Identity Guide. These standards are designed to be flexible enough to allow for creatively accomplishing your goals, but also straightforward and easy to understand. The Branding and Visual Identity Guide will be made available through the Development Office and is applicable to ALL advertising and promotional items (such as – but not limited to – clothing, mugs, balls, flags, spirit items, programs, flyers, posters, etc.). Due to trademark issues, use of the school name and/or logos should follow the Branding and Visual Identity guidelines and MUST be approved by the Director of Development PRIOR to printing. Our hope is that through a united effort, this Branding and Visual Identity Guide can help LCS maintain not only a positive image in the marketplace, but also bring awareness to what we have to offer. This creates a win/win situation for us all.